This Blog

In this blog, an international student from Japan used to write about what she felt lovely in Ann Arbor (A2), Michigan. Although she graduated in 2007 and went back to Japan, she still loves A2 and continues to write her recent situation, comparing to her life in A2.

↓This is a bilingual blog
日本語版 (Japanese ver.)

↓More about this blog?
How to Read?

About Me

My photo
I graduated from The University of Michigan (umich) in 2007, and now work as a TV reporter in Japan. I went to the U.S. in Jan. 2005 to study communication - it was the first time for me to go abroad.
I got an A.A. degree in speech communication in California, and B.A. degree in psychology at umich (+ music minor).

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Umich alumni association

This weekend, I attended the Umich alumni association in Japan.

( ↓ A lot of bussiness cards!)
The members, about 20 ppl, were different in ages and courses (undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral), so I could not find any person of my generation.


Most ppl I talked with had been graduate or doctoral students in 80s-90s.
Only one person and I were from undergraduate.
(Certainly, I had not seen Japanese students in undergraduate classes...)

Some members launched brilliant businesses, other members work at big companies making good use of their experiences in umich, and there were also non-Japanese members who live and work in Japan. I was really encouraged by meeting and chatting with them!

In the room, a professor of umich, who came all the way from Michigan, explained recent Ann Arbor and Umich showing pictures. I was surprised that new buildings had already been built in this one and half years after I graduated.


At the mention of the recent U.S. recession, the prof said although the State of Michigan is in trouble, such as bankruptcy of GM, economic situation of Umich is good!
(Even if they are in a harsh economic condition, I cannot help now...)
According to the prof, famous private universities are having difficulties in managing, and cannot help relying on endowment and reducing their education quality. On the other hand, since Umich is state-funded, we are subsidized by the State and will NOT have to lower the level of education and research.


Awesome♪


Umich helps the State by releasing great study results and developing human resources.


In talking with the prof and the fellows, who graduated from the same campus in Ann Arbor,
I felt, again, that
I was REALLY happy I had been a student of the University of Michigan!
(Of course, I have thought so all along though : )


I hope I would repay their favor by making ppl happy in society using the experience in Umich.


Yeah, I will try!
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's getting long, but let me continue.
This time, I met my friends who live in the Kanto area!
At first, I hung out with my previous roomie, Minasong, in Yokohama☆
Her hair got so long, like a fashion model!
It was the first time for me to get off at Yokohama station, so she showed me around. I will visit again!


After that, I met white Soji in Shibuya. He was still like a boy.
He took me to a cafe where his friend, Mr. Kato works.
 (←Mr. Kato made. Wonderful! Cute♪)

Mr. Kato is a good magician. He showed us memorable magic!
Thank you!!

Did u guys notice Soji is becoming 31 years old this month!?

Including my high school friend, Junjun, everyone who spent time for me in this weekend, thank you very much!

Another fair-skinned girl, who was somehow in Los Angels, and ppl who couldn't meet up with this time, see you again!

Please also come to my place : )


Bye now~

I gotta work tomorrow...

No comments: